One of the rooms I'm trying most to get looking good is the master bedroom. Since it is one of the three most used rooms in our home, I want to love how it looks. For my birthday, I got some money to spend at Ikea. I had been eyeing a certain duvet set for quite a while and I was excited to finally buy it! And we got a new comforter with it.
It was a bit crazy getting the comforter inside the duvet cover thingy. Steve was taking a nap so I had to get it together all by myself. And it's rough with king-size bedding!! But it's done and I love it very much. It is our very first bedding that is not a hand-me-down from family.
It's kind of masculine, but I think it's versatile. I could add some fun pillows or a throw blanket to make it a good mix of masculine/feminine for the bedroom.
Here are a few goals for the bedroom. Even though these are very low on the list of priorities for home decorating.
Get new bedding
- Cover box springs so they aren't funky looking sticking out under the bed
- Paint baseboards/trim white
- Paint second coat of paint on ceiling
- Put up blinds in window (we've started this like 10 times, the walls right above it are stronger than us)
Curtain closet doors
- Paint frames for wall decor
- Hang up wall decor/pictures
- Paint door