Wednesday, July 31, 2013

30 Day BoM Challenge

I am proud to announce I am right on track with reading the Book of Mormon in 30 days! I knew I'd be good at this challenge because I loooove having the end in sight. I am loving this challenge. I have noticed two huge changes between reading the Book of Mormon this time and reading how I usually read it (a chapter or two per day).

1.  I am able to actually remember the events that happened from book to book. I can follow along much better with what concept is being taught. I can actually see how certain things are connected to create a bigger picture in the end. I am only in the middle of Mosiah and I still know exactly what is going on! YAY for reading comprehension!!

2.  I notice themes more often. I usually read with something in mind that I want to look for and remember. This time, I thought reading it in 30 days would be enough, so I just wanted to read it. However, this time around I am noticing many more themes than usual. It is great!

My favorite theme in the Book of Mormon that I've noticed every time I read it is the promise that if we keep the commandments we will prosper. It repeats that theme a lot, especially in the beginning. Such a great promise.

This time around I have noticed the theme of the atonement of Jesus Christ being organized as the way to salvation from the foundation of the world. Finding our salvation through Him has always been, is, and always will be the way to salvation and eternal life. If there is one thing I love, it's rules. I love guidelines and when someone says, "if you do this, this is exactly what will happen." The scriptures do things like this all the time and I cherish those parts because it's like instructions for life and what I can expect later on.

Once again, I am so glad I chose to do this challenge. I'm learning every day and I'm so happy to have this chance to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)