Sunday, July 21, 2013

30 Days

Well, I kiiiind of feel like a failure. A little bit. At the beginning of the year, our stake presidency challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by July 1st. I think we got to about 2 Nephi ... chapter 2. A couple of people (that are cool and actually completed the challenge) spoke about it in our ward today. I really enjoyed their testimonies about hearing how reading the word of God blessed their lives.

I know that I made a mistake and I can't fix it because it's in the past. But I do strive to read scriptures/Ensigns often. A week or so ago I found a blog that had talked about a missionary blog they found with a challenge and cute little card to try and read the Book of Mormon in 30 days. (Here is the blog where I saw it: Right here and she actually linked to the original blog where she found it.)

After seeing that and then hearing people talk about that challenge today in church, I decided I was going to give it a try. I figured it would kind of feel like a way to make up all that I didn't gain. And on the plus side, I like having a schedule to follow and being able to see the end. So I think 30 days will be great.

I am going to follow the timeline on the card except for one day. We are taking a 3 day vacation soon, so I am going to read one day's worth in that 3 days. We are going to be suuuper busy during that va-cay. So really I guess I'll be doing this challenge in 33 days. Still - I think it's way manageable.

So I'm off to grab my scriptures and start reading like a maniac!! I am excited and think it will be a good experience. I am hoping I can make Steve buy into trying it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)