Monday, July 29, 2013

Journal Writing

About once every 6 months (usually around the time of General Conference) I am reminded of how important it is that we keep journals ... and how little I write in my journal. Uggh. This is one area that I have always wanted to be good at in life, and I have never been able to motivate myself enough to do it regularly. But since I've been pretty good at blogging lately, I've just decided to dive a little deeper and use my blog as a journal.

Obviously I'm not going to be writing all my deepest, most personal feelings. But I want to write more details of our lives and what feelings/experiences are impacting our life right now. We have many things going on - with the house, starting a family, family time, church, school, work, and so many other things. So here's to hoping I can kick-start my journaling process. Bonus: My far-away family will get to hear a little more about my life. :)

I'd like to start the process with mentioning my sweet hubby. I got to hear him sing in a ward yesterday and I love his tenor voice. And I love seeing his testimony shine in his eyes when he sings about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have an amazing partner for this life. And I am so grateful to be celebrating our five year anniversary next week!!! I can't even believe it's been five years!!!

We had a special walk this evening together. We talked about our jobs and how we're a little bit very unsure about things in our near future. It's frustrating. We are frustrated every day. But somehow we've learned to cope with the stress. We are in this together and we've found ways to talk it out and release the stress for a while. I'm so happy that we have a home to be a haven away from the world, and that we can bring the Spirit into our home every day. It's an enormous comfort to help keep us sane.

In Mosiah chapter 4 verse 9, it says:
Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all things which the Lord can comprehend.

I love the simplicity of this verse. Simply believe in God and all His power. He knows things I don't know, and He is the one that makes sure I have the experiences I need to have. I learn from these experiences and gain new perspectives on life and what I am doing here. I'm grateful to know that someone is in control of our situation and our future. And thank goodness, it's the most wonderful person I could ask to be in charge of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)