Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Menu Board

I made this a very long time ago - probably over a year ago. But I realized I never posted anything about it. Along with many other crafts I found in my picture folder...  So maybe I'll post them soon.

Now, Steve and I can cook, but we are not great cooks. We follow recipes and hope it comes out alright enough to eat. We are also not great at variety (mainly because of my picky eating). So one day I got tired of asking "what do you want for dinner tonight?" and getting the answer, "I don't know, what sounds good to you?" Steve and I both got very tired of this conversation every night.

So my friends at work and I decided to try something like this pin. I am all for simplicity, so I went for a very similar design. I've seen those ideas for people that plan meals for months or a year at a time, but that was waaaay too overwhelming for me.

Here was my particular inspiration:
http://www.makeandtakes.com/wipe-off-weekly-menu-board

So I got my cheap frame from the dollar store. Then I picked some paper I liked. The picture frame was not a square so I needed a second piece of paper to fill it. I also wanted a spot to put a general shopping list for the recipes we were making that week.


I typed up the day abbreviations, put some red paper behind them, and glued them on. Then I used stickers for the word menu on top of the glass.

TA-DA!!! I love it. It is one of the few things I've made that I have actually used. So we have used this for over and year and it's still been working for us.


1 comment:

  1. I thought thai chicken was a little crazy for your tastebuds! Then I realized it was the pinterest picture! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)