Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shakes

Shakes VS Ice Cream

Steve and I occasionally get in arguments about this topic. It's silly and I am very grateful this is one of the few things we ever argue about. I grew up in Indiana until I graduated high school. I moved to Utah and suddenly everyone started calling this (see below) a shake:


I remember the first time I ordered a "shake." Someone handed this to me and I was nearly petrified. A shake? This is a shake???? In Indiana, a shake is something you drink through a straw. "Shake" is short for "milkshake" ... which is something you drink. You can use a spoon if you want, but really you have to drink it at some point.

In Utah, a shake is just ice cream. Like a Blizzard or a Glacier. (This is what they were usually called in Indy.) You can't drink it. You must use a spoon. That picture is NOT a shake. I don't care what you say, it isn't.

And don't even get me started about the "shake" sizes in Utah. The one I am holding in that picture was a size "mini." It was the size of a medium drink cup ... called a mini! What?! No.

I'm not looking for an argument. I just need you all to know that I am right on this. That's all. ;)

PS. If you ever go to St. George, Utah, go to Iceberg. Yummy food and really good shakes ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)