Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Connection

Do you know those moments/days/weeks when you don't feel truly connected to your special someone? It could be your spouse, child, mother, or good friend. I don't usually have those moments, but when I do I think it's safe to say I don't like it. At all.

Mosiah 18:21
And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.
[Emphasis added by me.]

I have always loved scriptures about people who have unity in their communities through love and a single purpose of heart. Because I want this same principle in my marriage, I have decided to think of some ways I can reconnect with my hubby when I occasionally do have those moments of disconnect.

Turn off the TV and really talk to him about his day/activities/etc. for at least 15 minutes each day. Usually when we come home we talk about our day with the TV on and we're playing on our phones. So we need to take away the distractions and really communicate and talk to each other.

Have a good hug. I've talked about The Five Love Languages before, and I super love that book. (Speaking of, I should re-read that. It's been a while.) I know that Steve's top love language is physical touch. The days when one of us is really stressed, we have a long hug and it seems like the stress starts to melt away. So we need to have a regular good hug and it could help us connect and de-stress.

I'm starting out simple. I think small and simple things help in very large ways in the long-run. We'll see how this works out and if hubby will be on board with reconnecting.

Any other ideas on reconnecting with special people in your life? Any ways to keep some unity in your family relationships?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)