Monday, March 10, 2014

Motivation Monday

So I watched this TED Talk this morning. (It's Spring Break on campus and I was all alone in the office for a few hours. I decided to learn something. Whaaat?! I know.) I suggest you watch it - it's only about 12 minutes long and it's profound. I knew some of what he said, but I learned some new things that can be quite helpful. Also, he's pretty funny.


So I'm putting something he said into practice. I don't know that it will be every day ... I'm sure it won't be every day ... but I'm going to do some gratitude journaling, and write about a positive experience I've had in the last 24 hours.


Gratitude:

1. Singing and music. I love singing - especially with my hubs. We got lucky, and our voices blend well, and we both enjoy singing for family events or church events. It's just fun and we definitely enjoy sharing our testimonies of Christ through the songs we sing. Music has an unbelievable ability to touch the hearts of people in ways that are inexplicable.

2. Rain. We have had an extremely warm winter the last few months. We really only had 2 or 3 big snows. And it all melted so fast! Living in a desert, we were a little concerned about our water supply for the summer and for our plants. Our stake (and I'm pretty sure most stakes in Utah) have been fasting and praying for some sort of precipitation to help us with our concerns for the summer. And you know what? It rained! A LOT. And I'm so glad it did.

3. A warm bed. Even though we've had crazy warm winter weather (jealous?), I still get cold. I am so grateful that I have a soft, warm bed to climb into every night.


We were asked to sing a duet in a ward yesterday. We love the song we sang. It was a great experience to share my testimony and belief in Christ with others - especially through song. I know that music has a way of reaching people's spirit that may not be reached otherwise. And when you truly believe in the message that you are singing, your heart overflows with love for Christ.

My favorite lines from the song are:
Every sorrow will be swallowed up in Him.
For in His hand is healing for the weary soul.
This I know, this I know because He lives.

There are times lately when my heart has been weary, and I'm physically tired because of my weariness. I have experienced the cleansing relief that is felt when you lay your burdens on Him. He can and will heal and mend my heart.

Matthew 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.



Have you read or heard any good TED Talks lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)