Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Fun

I can't believe how quickly Christmas has come this year. I have been busy with a winter talent show for my division at work and helping Steve plan the Christmas program for church. We decided to do a pretty small Christmas for each other this year. It's been nice to not worry too much about gifts. It was nice, not only because we were busy planning other things, but because it helped to encourage us to think of the real meaning of Christmas.

Here has been a little bit of what's been going on around our house as Christmas has been nearing.

We've been getting snow! Usually we don't get much snow until after Christmas. So we're excited to have a white Christmas.


We went with family to the Christmas Village in Ogden. It is always fun to see the lights and displays companies come up with for this fun tradition. It is stinkin' cold lately, so we were very bundled up!

PS - I figured out that Google is what makes my pictures do cool things. So fun!



We also made some treats as thank you gifts for those that helped and participated in our ward Christmas program. We made chocolate covered pretzels and my favorite Christmas cookies for the choir members and speakers. We had a hard time not eating them along the way. Luckily there were a few cookies left over for us.



YUMMY!!!!


And I've still been crocheting up a storm in our home. I've gotten most of the gifts finished, but there are still a few more I need to finish up quick!!

Steve and I planned our ward's Christmas program today and it turned out so wonderfully. We are so grateful for all that helped us pull everything together. All the singing and speaking was perfect and really helped invite the spirit of Christ into our meeting and our lives. We are so grateful for our talents and the talents of those around us.

Merry Christmas friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)