Sunday, July 4, 2010

Midwestern Summer

Oh my goodness!!! We have been having SO MUCH FUN!!! I won't go into details right now, but I wanted to make a short post about the fun times we've had!

We've been shopping, eating Monical's, and relaxing to the max! It has been a blast to not have to worry about working or cleaning or anything. We even got to go on a surprise tour of the Indianapolis Speedway grounds. It was a special tour that not everyone gets to take. We were really excited, and got some great pictures!

Last night, our family hosted a spectacular fire works show. It's a tradition that's been going on since before I can remember. But just like the last 7 or 8 years, it has become a ward/friend/neighborhood affair. We love having people over to celebrate our nation using FIIRRREEE!!! :) Steve even got the honor of starting the giant bonfire this year. (Which ended up not exploding as usual... but it was still cool.) And family - we did get some great videos of the fireworks which we are going to have to watch when we get back!

We've loved being with our family out here too. We haven't seen my brother's family since our wedding!! So we were excited to hang out with them and the kids. Steve has loved playing soccer and frisbee with them this whole week. We're definitely getting some good exercise... but we're eating enough that it isn't doing us any good! HAHA!

But we're glad we've been with family and enjoying everyone's company this week!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I certainly love my country and I'm so grateful for the freedoms I enjoy everyday. I'm so grateful for the soldiers that fought to make our country how it is. And I'm glad there are brave men and women fighting today to keep me safe. I'm glad we live in this country where we can worship freely. I love my Heavenly Father, and my brother and Savior, Jesus Christ. What a blessing to have the truthfulness of the gospel in my life!

So look forward to posts full of pictures when we get back to Utah. :)

PS. It is SO HUMID here! I forgot how wet it can feel outside!!! That is one thing I do not miss. Sometimes it's hard to stay outside for too long before you start sweating bullets just sitting there!!! But I guess that IS part of the experience! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)