Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flower Power

Well, a while ago I was called to be a Den Leader in the Cub Scouts for our ward. Everyone was telling me that I was brave to accept or whatever ... but I was secretly really excited. My dad grew up doing scouts and it always seemed like a blast. (Except for the times when they camped out in the blizzards...wasn't jealous of that.)

For the Scouts, they needed to plant flowers/gardens and learn about plants. Oh hey! I had a flower bed that I was planning to plant soon - I guess I'll donate my flower bed for the Scouts to learn about planting. Free labor? Holler. ;)

So I was nice and did all the weeding where we were planting:


I love these little Supertunias.

Pink with green on the outsides!! :)

Here is the ground cover - I can't remember the name.

It was quite the experience having 8 boys help plant my garden. It's a good thing I don't have a green thumb, because otherwise I probably would have freaked out. Haha.  But it was fun - whatever.

Here is the after:


Now, these Yucca plants (I'm pretty sure that's what they are) are in my backyard. I thought they were super ugly and I wanted to rip them out. Then my sister told me they flowered. I left them in to give them a chance so I could see what they looked like. And can I just say - I love them!! I am never taking these out! 


Someday I will have an awesomely cool yard with flowers and lovely things everywhere. That will mostly likely not be for a long time. But it's okay!

Next yard goal: actually keep weeds out of my flower beds....whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)