Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pregnancy Journal Scrapbook :: In Progress

The moment I got pregnant, I started imagining this amazing pregnancy journal scrapbook.

This is just the beginning. It's been a great place to make a spot for each ultrasound picture. (My doctor's office is cool and I get an ultrasound with every visit!) Then I can journal about different details of the pregnancy that I don't want to forget. I'm already a little behind. I blame that on getting baby's room ready. The craft room has become a complete sty since we're temporarily storing things in there that need to be organized and moved.

I originally thought I was going to do a mini Project Life album. I've been following Laura Rahel for a little while, and she's got me a tiny bit excited about Project Life. It all seems so simple to do. However, I have so much craft stuff already that I refuse to add more to it at this point. I just got the Project Life album cover and the Project Life journaling cards. I'm hoping to do a purge/reorganization project soon in the craft room. We'll see if and when that happens.

Here is the album cover I chose. We had already picked the teal color for baby's room, so I continued that theme with the scrapbook.



Then I raided my paper stash for all of my favorite girly papers. Does anyone else save certain paper for some amazing project you have planned? Well, I do. That's probably why I'm a paper-hoarder. This was the time to bust out that beautiful paper! And I think I'll also make a goal to just use the paper I want to use, instead of saving it for years. ;)

Here is just one little spread in the book so far. I'm planning to print out all the progress pictures I've been posting on the blog, plus some that I haven't posted, and include them in the book where they belong chronologically. So far I'm loving that the papers aren't all exactly the same and that there are hidden treasures throughout the pages.




There ya have it! My pregnancy journal scrapbook thus far. I'm loving creating it. I think about it much more than I probably should. I can't wait to show you the finished product!

Do you have any suggestions for remembering details of pregnancy or when you had little children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)