Monday, February 17, 2014

Motivation Monday

Happy Monday, friends! We don't have to work today! Win!!! However, we still have lots of things to do and some places to go.

I read an article from the Ensign yesterday. It was just what I needed to hear at this time in my life. It was uplifting and promising. I loved it. Here is the link to the whole article by Richard G. Scott: Living a Life of Peace, Joy, and Purpose.

I found a few parts very touching.

As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty while exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions to the challenges of life you would not obtain otherwise.

Strong character is more important than what you own, what you have learned, or what goals you have accomplished. Your consistent exercise of faith builds strong character.

Life isn't always fair. That's a fact. But it's always charged with marvelous opportunities if you know how to find them.

I know these things are true. I know that the Lord will keep all the promises He has made to us. His love is pure and eternal. He understands us and will help us when we are in need.

And here are some tidbits of what we've been up to in the past week.

My really cool friend gave me another Smash book recently. I have loved these "un-scrapbooks" since they first came out. I love having a place to smash ideas and bits of life that don't fit anywhere else. Since she got me a brand new one, I decided to make this a place to journal about me and my life. I have another one that I got a long time ago that I'm going to make about me and the hubs.


My really cool friend also sold me her really cool contraption that make envelopes. Did you read that correctly?? It makes envelopes!!! I'm obsessed! You can make all sizes and shapes. It's amazing and I can't wait to write use some soon!


And Valentine's day was good. We had two date nights in a row. Here is a picture from our stake Valentine's dance. We love going to this and seeing the couples in our stake dance - whether they are good at it or not. heehee. And we have fun dancing too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)