Friday, April 10, 2015

Sacrament hymn lullabies

I'm not sure why, but I've always felt weird singing to the Bubs. It's silly! Because I love singing! If you ask me to sing at church or something, I'll gladly say "yes!" And she doesn't know how good my singing is. She just likes how it sounds, and she likes the smiles we share when I sing to her.

I finally broke out of my comfort zone and truly sang to her yesterday because she was fussy, and we were just trying to make it until Steve got home. The hymn book on my piano was open to the sacrament hymns and I just started singing what it was open to. As I sang about our Savior's sacrifice and love for us, the spirit spoke so much peace to my heart. I think because it was a different setting than where I usually sing these songs, I really listened to the words as I sang and remembered the meaning of Christ's atonement for all of us.

Even though she still fussed a little bit, I know we could both feel the calm and peace that entered the room as I sang these beautiful songs of love. She has already taught me so much about how much our Heavenly Father loves us, and I'm so grateful for all that we're learning on this journey.


Here is the last verse of my favorite sacrament hymn, As Now We Take the Sacrament.

As now we praise thy name with song, The blessings of this day
Will linger in our thankful hearts, And silently we pray
For courage to accept they will, To listen and obey.
We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full. We'll walk thy chosen way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)