Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Harry Potter Halloween : Polyjuice Potion Spell Book & Finishing Up

Mmmmm, well this happened yesterday... I don't want to talk about it. It's too much.


I made this little Harry Potter scarf for a friend's son. I put the little fringe on it this time to add some interest. Still obsessed with the cuteness.

I finally finished the Polyjuice Potion Spell Book!!! YAY! I started this project at least 3 weeks ago. I've just been slow on getting all the finishing touches.

It started out like this:

Leftover paint and sharpie turned it into this:

TA-DA!!!

I also got those glass things from DI. The biggest one was $1 and the rest were 50 cents. So I'm going to fill them with colored water for "potions." That candle was a random thing I had when I was younger and my mom sent it to me with my last shipment of "things I'm taking back to Lynnette now that she has a house to store it all in." On the left you can also see some of the parcels I made as well.

I got this idea for this book from this blog, Snowy Bliss. (Thanks for the inspiration!) So cute!!! She has cooler equipment than me and hers looks cooler. But I am actually pretty pleased with what I did in plain ole Word. Also, I love her tablescape with all the potions and decor.

Cost breakdown:
Textbook: $4 from DI
Glass "bottles": $2.50 total
Butcher paper: leftover from previous projects
Twine for parcels: $2.99 but I barely used any. I can use it for anything.

I do have to mention something for all the Potterheads out there. I know that the Polyjuice Potion wasn't technically in the Advanced Potion-Making textbook. I think it was in Most Potente Potions...but I just did it. So don't be mad, please! ;)

Even though I started all my Harry Potter Halloween over a month ago, I am still scrambling to finish everything the night before. My hubby is so sweet and is skipping out on an invitation to watch the Jazz game with a friend to help me hang things and finish it up. (That's true love, everyone.) And my really cool sister-in-law is also coming over to help.

Here is what I hope to finish up tonight:
-Floating candles made from toilet paper rolls or paper (and hang up)
-My styrofoam owl
-Marauder's map (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
-Simple and easy house banners from paper
-Potion labels
-Broomsticks
-Finish up the dementors (hang up)
-Sirius Wanted posters
-Hogwarts letters
-Muggles Beware sign
-Paper sorting hat (This may or may not happen)

I know this probably seems like a boatload to finish in one night, but I am doing all this in the easiest ways possible. So I'm totally not worried at all. The only thing that I'm worried about not happening is the sorting hat. And that's only because I may not have the stuff to make it yet. And I'm a little lazy at this point. The owl may also cause problems, but I have the stuff to make it, so I really wanna get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)