Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Long distance mugs

GUYS!! I can't believe I didn't share this with you yet! I made this quite some time ago for my mom's birthday. That was months ago.

If  you are ever on Pinterest, I am positive you have seen this pin or something just like it. The one I copied was from an Etsy store. I tried to find it from the maker, but it apparently no longer exists in their shop. But on my Pinterest, the picture is still there and is adorable.

I had wanted to try this for a long time but was too nervous because all the tutorials seemed a little sketchy, honestly. I mean, just find a random white mug, write on it with a sharpie, and bake it? I wasn't buyin' it. Then one day in Michael's I saw a mug kit that was made just for coloring on it! Dream come true time!!

I took it home, and I actually did just use one of my own sharpies instead of the small markers that came with it. And I'm glad I did. The markers were cute, but they didn't last very long. That teal color hardly lasted through those two hearts! But it turned out adorable!!!

According to my pin that I copied, the maker was Distinctly Dottys on Etsy.com.

I love this and I'm so happy I finally found a way to make it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for dropping in! :)